pretty much knew I was gay by the time I started secondary school – perhaps knowing all of S Club 7’s lyrics aged 11 was a giveaway, but I didn’t want to admit it to myself. When I eventually did, I decided it was better not to tell anyone. At my all-boys northern grammar, being gay felt like something negative, a bit rubbish and best to hide. I was terrified my friends wouldn’t want to be my friends any more. I was convinced they might think that I fancied them all.
- When I said I was a ballet dancer they thought I was a belly dancer!
- Embracing figures at Pompeii ‘could have been gay lovers’, after scan reveals they are both men
- This gay kid likes me… be careful!
- Gay Kids Coming Out Younger, But Parents Ask “How Do You Know?”
- Best (straight) friend might be his Boyfriend?